If You Are Facing Deportation, Put Your Defense In The Hands Of Our Attorneys
We can help you apply for a variety of immigration relief programs, including, but not limited to:
- Asylum. If you face persecution if you are returned to the country of your birth or citizenship, and you have been in the United States for less than a year, you may qualify for asylum.
- Withholding of Removal. This form of relief is similar to asylum in that it protects immigrants who fear returning to their countries of origin because they would face risks to their lives or freedom, but it is for people who have been in the United States for more than a year.
- Convention Against Torture (CAT). If you can prove a likelihood of being tortured if you are returned to the country of your birth or citizenship, you may qualify for relief under CAT.
- Cancellation of Removal. If an undocumented immigrant has been here for 10 years, or if a permanent resident (“green card” holder) has been here for seven years, the person in danger of deportation may be able to prevent deportation through cancellation of removal. We will review your specific case to determine if you qualify for this special form of relief.
- Violence against Women Act (VAWA). Family members and children who have been abused by a spouse or parent who is a legal permanent resident or U.S. citizen may qualify for legal status under VAWA.
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status. Immigrant children who have been abused, abandoned, or neglected may qualify for this program, which can result in the child avoiding deportation and receiving a green card.
At Ozment Law, we have attorneys who focus solely on deportation defense. Their only job is to help you find a way to stay in your home here in the United States. We have represented thousands of immigrants in Nashville and all over Middle Tennessee for immigration issues, and we rely on our vast experience to inform our legal advice to you. We understand that when it comes to the threat of deportation, your future plans and dreams hang in the balance. Deportation defense is one of our main areas, in which we have a high rate of success. We may be able to help you in any number of situations, including:
- Your tourist, student, or employment visa has expired
- You have been arrested or convicted of any crime, no matter how minor
- You have entered, or re-entered, the United States illegally
- You have violated the terms of your admission to the United States
- You have committed marriage fraud
- You have ever joined a prohibited organization, such as a street gang
- Your asylum application has been denied
We Review Your Case, Looking for All Possible Solutions
After a personalized consultation with Elliott Ozment, one of our attorneys will individually meet with you and discuss your unique legal situation. He or she will explain how you may qualify for certain programs or relief from deportation, and help you gather the necessary documentation to apply for those programs.
Let Us Fight Your Deportation Proceedings
We know that being in immigration court can be one of the most stressful times in an immigrant’s life. We also understand that you have worked hard to build your life in the United States, and we will work just as hard to see that you keep it. We would be honored to take the time to discuss the individual circumstances of your case and plan a deportation defense case tailored to you and your family.