Our Attorneys Can Help You Achieve Your Dream Of US Citizenship
For many immigrants to the United States, citizenship is the ultimate goal. Depending on your situation, this may be easier said than done.
At Ozment Law, we have helped hundreds of individuals and families in Nashville and all over Middle Tennessee achieve their dream of U.S. citizenship. Our attorneys carefully review your case, looking for all possible opportunities that would allow you to achieve your goal. We understand how important becoming a U.S. citizen is to you and your family. We will do everything we can to make sure that happens.
Requirements For Citizenship
To apply to become a naturalized U.S. citizen, you must:
- Be 18 years of age, or older.
- Meet specific residency requirements, depending on your circumstances — Those holding a green card must live in the U.S. for five years. Those married to a U.S. citizen must live in the U.S. for three years. Refugees must wait four years. We will help you determine how long you need to wait and what you need to do before applying for citizenship.
- “Be of good moral character.” This means if you have any type of criminal record, you need to consult with our attorneys instead of attempting naturalization by yourself. We may be able to find ways to prove your moral character, despite any convictions you have.
- Read, write and speak English, depending on the immigrant’s age (if applicable). We encourage all immigrants to learn English, especially those seeking citizenship./li>
- Have a basic understanding of U.S. government, history and civics. You will be tested on these subjects.
- Understand and agree with the U.S. Constitution.
Our lawyers and case managers will guide you, step by step, through the naturalization process.
What if my application for citizenship has been denied?
If you are denied citizenship, let Ozment Law review your case to determine if you should appeal the denial.
Take The Next Step In Your Path To Citizenship
Call us at 615-321-8888 or send us an email to schedule a citizenship consultation with one of our attorneys. Hablamos español.