August 2017 Archives

Applying for asylum

In order to get asylum granted in the United States, you must be in the process of arriving or physically present within the United States. Applying for asylum in the United States can be done through filling in Form I-589. This form must be handed in to a Service Center no later than one year after your arrival into the country. It is also possible to be granted at the port of entry to the country, whether it's a seaport, airport or the border between other countries.

Time in the U.S. does not matter (usually)

Many unauthorized immigrants to the United States have been in the country a long time. In fact, about 66 percent have been in the United States 10 years or more. If this applies to you or a loved one, you may think you (or the loved one) have more rights to stay in the country than someone who arrived in the past year.

1214 Murfreesboro Pike Nashville, TN 37217 Phone: 615-321-8888 Fax: 615-321-5230 Nashville Law Office Map

Review Us