Ozment Law Is Proud To Help Society’s Most Vulnerable

We Represent Victims Of Crimes, Victims Of Domestic Abuse And Children

We are proud to help victims of crime, domestic abuse and children obtain legal status in the United States. If you need immigration status and have been a victim of a crime, have been abused by a parent, child, or spouse, or are the loved one of a child who has been abused, neglected, abandoned by his or her parents, or sent to the United States alone, schedule a consultation with us today to find out if Ozment Law can help you find a pathway to permanent residence (a green card) — and maybe even citizenship.

The U Visa: Immigration Relief For Victims Of Crimes

Some of the crimes that may qualify for a U visa include:

  • Domestic violence
  • Abduction or kidnapping
  • Abusive sexual contact
  • Blackmail or extortion
  • Female genital mutilation
  • Felony assault, which includes aggravated assault, robbery and some kinds of burglary in Tennessee
  • Fraud in foreign labor contracting such as abuses of workers in the H-2A, H-1B, and H-2B programs
  • Hostage-taking
  • Incest
  • Involuntary servitude, peonage and similar violations of workers' dignity
  • Murder or manslaughter
  • Perjury
  • Prostitution
  • Sexual assault, sexual exploitation and rape
  • Slavery
  • Stalking
  • Torture
  • Trafficking
  • Witness tampering
  • Unlawful criminal restraint
  • Other crimes related to the above crimes, including an attempt, conspiracy or solicitation to commit any of the above crimes

Don't be afraid to ask for help. Immigration relief is available for victims of human trafficking, domestic violence and other crimes. The U visa is specifically for victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are helpful to law enforcement or the government in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity. Ozment Law has been successful in obtaining U visas for clients who have been victims of a wide range of crimes. If you are a victim, call us today to set up a consultation to learn about possible immigration relief.

Some people who have received U visas may qualify for a green card and then for U.S. citizenship! Ask us about how we can help.

Immigration Relief For Abused Spouses, Children And Parents, Including Relief Under The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)

The immigration laws protect certain husbands, wives, children and parents of U.S. citizens and permanent residents (green card holders) by affording them the opportunity to apply for family-based petitions without their abusers' knowledge. This sort of relief allows victims both safety and independence from their abusers. This type of relief is available equally to men and women, regardless of sexual orientation.

The time for filing these types of petitions is usually limited, so be sure to call Ozment Law as soon as you are ready to gain your independence and seek legal status in this country. In some cases, relief under the Violence Against Women Act is available to victims who have been put into immigration court or deportation proceedings.

Immigration Relief For Vulnerable Children

Permanent residency (a green card) and a pathway to citizenship is available to some foreign-born children living in the United States who have been abused, abandoned or neglected. Children sent by themselves to live in the United States may also qualify. Ozment Law is pleased to help these children obtain Special Immigrant Juvenile Status in the United States and the many benefits that come with it.

These children should act quickly, because there is a limited amount of time to take advantage of immigration benefits for abused, abandoned and neglected children.

Call our Nashville office at 615-321-8888 or send us an email to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers. Hablamos español.

Email Us Back To Top