If You Are Facing Deportation, Put Your Defense In The Hands Of Our Attorneys

We can help you apply for a variety of immigration relief programs, including, but not limited to:

  • Asylum. If you face persecution if you are returned to the country of your birth or citizenship, and you have been in the United States for less than a year, you may qualify for asylum.
  • Withholding of Removal. This form of relief is similar to asylum in that it protects immigrants who fear returning to their countries of origin because they would face risks to their lives or freedom, but it is for people who have been in the United States for more than a year.
  • Convention Against Torture (CAT). If you can prove a likelihood of being tortured if you are returned to the country of your birth or citizenship, you may qualify for relief under CAT.
  • Cancellation of Removal. If an undocumented immigrant has been here for 10 years, or if a permanent resident ("green card" holder) has been here for seven years, the person in danger of deportation may be able to prevent deportation through cancellation of removal. We will review your specific case to determine if you qualify for this special form of relief.
  • Violence against Women Act (VAWA). Family members and children who have been abused by a spouse or parent who is a legal permanent resident or U.S. citizen may qualify for legal status under VAWA.
  • Special Immigrant Juvenile Status. Immigrant children who have been abused, abandoned, or neglected may qualify for this program, which can result in the child avoiding deportation and receiving a green card.

At Ozment Law, we have attorneys who focus solely on deportation defense. Their only job is to help you find a way to stay in your home here in the United States. We have represented thousands of immigrants in Nashville and all over Middle Tennessee for immigration issues, and we rely on our vast experience to inform our legal advice to you. We understand that when it comes to the threat of deportation, your future plans and dreams hang in the balance. Deportation defense is one of our main areas, in which we have a high rate of success. We may be able to help you in any number of situations, including:

  • Your tourist, student, or employment visa has expired
  • You have been arrested or convicted of any crime, no matter how minor
  • You have entered, or re-entered, the United States illegally
  • You have violated the terms of your admission to the United States
  • You have committed marriage fraud
  • You have ever joined a prohibited organization, such as a street gang
  • Your asylum application has been denied

We Review Your Case, Looking for All Possible Solutions

After a personalized consultation with Elliott Ozment, one of our attorneys will individually meet with you and discuss your unique legal situation. He or she will explain how you may qualify for certain programs or relief from deportation, and help you gather the necessary documentation to apply for those programs.

Let Us Fight Your Deportation Proceedings

We know that being in immigration court can be one of the most stressful times in an immigrant's life. We also understand that you have worked hard to build your life in the United States, and we will work just as hard to see that you keep it. We would be honored to take the time to discuss the individual circumstances of your case and plan a deportation defense case tailored to you and your family.

Immigration Appeals
You Can Appeal the Decision in Your Immigration Case Before You Are Deported

One of the hardest things for you as an immigrant is to learn that your application for a "green card" has been turned down or that you have been ordered deported. Fortunately, you may have the right to an appeal. You need a skilled lawyer who understands the law, the immigration court system, and immigration appeals to be successful.

Ozment Law has guided many people in Nashville and throughout Middle Tennessee through the immigration appeals process and achieved their goals of gaining legal status in the United States. Our attorneys have years of experience in immigration law and stay up to date on new cases and all the legal changes that may affect your case. We are always completely honest with you about your situation and your chances of success. If we don't think we can win your case, we won't take your money.

I Just Lost My Case. Now What?

If the decision in your case has just been handed down by an immigration judge or by an immigration agency (e.g., the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services), you have a very short time to file an appeal. We recommend that you come into our office and discuss your situation with one of our attorneys. He or she will review your case and determine whether your appeal has the potential to be successful. If it does, we will file an appeal on your behalf as quickly as possible to get you back into the system. Appeals can be complex and are often won or lost on the law related to your case and whether the law was properly applied. Our appeals team takes pride in drafting well-researched, professionally written appeals. Let us look at your case, evaluate your chances on appeal, and fight for you.

It's Been Longer than 30 Days Since I Lost My Case. What Do I Do?

Come in and talk to us anyway. We will discuss your circumstances and review your case. If there is the possibility for a successful appeal, we can potentially file a motion to reopen your case. Frequently, motions to reopen immigrants' cases may involve recent changes in the law or reviewing the work of your previous lawyer.

We will walk you through every step of the appeals process and help you on your way to legal status, if possible. We understand that you don't want to lose what you have built in the Land of the Free. We will do our best to help you keep it.

You Could Have Another Chance to Stay Legally in the United States

Call us at 615-321-8888 or send us an email to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys. Hablamos espaĂąol. Click here to read this page in Spanish.